Winfield campground is located on the Georgia side of Lake Strom Thurmond. This charming campground has 80 sites with electric and water hookups. Most of the sites are shaded and are directly on the water. There is plenty of room between sites so you will not feel crowded. The park is well maintained by the Corps of Engineers.
Amenities of the park include:
- Boat ramp
- Dump station
- Electric hookups
- RV camping
- Tent camping
- Drinking water
- Shower / bath house
If you are looking for a great place to camp or fish, you will really enjoy Winfield Campground. Get out and enjoy the peacefulness and serenity of this park and Lake Strom Thurmond.
Rules of the park include:
- All pets must be penned or on a leash no longer than 6 feet. Owners must clean up after their pets.
- Quiet hours are between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- One wheeled unite per site.
- Tents limited to impact pad capacity, four passenger vehicles and twelve people.
- Check in time is 3 p.m.; check out time is 2 p.m.
7701 Winfield Rd.
Appling, GA 30802
or call 877.444.6777