Petersburg campground is the largest and nicest of the Corps of Engineers campgrounds on Lake Strom Thurmond. This wonderful campground has to very nice swim beaches, hiking trail, a pond, fishing pier, and a boat ramp. There is also a coin operated washer and dryer, a playground, dump station, and a fish cleaning station.
There are 93 campsites located within the park and most of those are located on the water and are shaded by the trees in the park. Eight of the 93 sites are considered primitive camping. The remainder of the sites have 50 amp electric and water hookups.
- Boat ramp
- Group shelter
- Dump station
- Electrical hookups
- Water hookups
- Drinking water
- Hiking Trails
- Shower / Bath house
- Fish cleaning station
This is our favorite place to camp on Lake Strom Thurmond. If you love nature and want to enjoy the natural serenity and beauty of the lake, you will love this park.
This park is located only 5 minutes from Thurmond Dam.
Rules of the park include:
- All pets must be penned or on a leash no longer than 6 feet. Owners must clean up after their pets.
- Quiet hours are between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- One wheeled unite per site.
- Tents limited to impact pad capacity, four passenger vehicles and twelve people.
- Check in time is 3 p.m.; check out time is 2 p.m.
Campground is open year round.
3998 Petersburg Road
Appling, GA 30802
www.recreation.gov or 877.444.6777