Big Hart is a small, but very well maintained campground on the Georgia side of Lake Strom Thurmond. There are just 32 campsites located within this campground. Most sites are shaded with the tall trees surrounding the lake and are pull-through for ease of access for RVs. The sites have 30 / 50 amp power and water hookups. There are dump stations within the park.
Amenities of the park include:
- Boat ramp
- Group shelter
- Dump station
- Electrical hookups
- Drinking water
- Shower / bath house
- Fish cleaning station
This is a very nice campground. If you want something smaller and less crowded that some of the parks on the lake this will work great for you. The beauty and natural serenity make this park unique.
Rules of the park include:
- All pets must be penned or on a leash no longer than 6 feet. Owners must clean up after their pets.
- Quiet hours are between 10 p.m. and 6 a.m.
- Alcoholic beverages are prohibited.
- One wheeled unite per site.
- Tents limited to impact pad capacity, four passenger vehicles and twelve people.
- Check in time is 3 p.m.; check out time is 2 p.m.
5258 Washington Rd. NE
Thomson, GA 30824